Ensuring the Y's Long-Term Success
Leave a legacy. There's no better way to make a profound and meaningful statement of your values.
It's about commitment and hope for the future
The Legacy Society is a group of like-minded people dedicated to investing in community members, through all seasons of life. Everyone matters. And every planned future gift — no matter the size — will make a difference. Together, the members share a powerful common vision — opportunities for all to learn, grow, and thrive.
When you advise us of your plans, you'll become a member of the Legacy Society with exclusive benefits just for Legacy Society donors.
Benefits to you may include:
- Receiving income for life or a period of years for you and/or a loved one.
- Reducing, delaying, or eliminating capital gains on donated appreciated assets.
- Increasing income from low-producing CDs or stocks.
- Complementing your retirement and financial planning.
- Transferring a business or farm to your heirs at reduced or eliminated taxes.
- Building friendships with fellow Legacy Society members at fun and informative events throughout the year.
- Receiving member-only updates on the Y's future plans for programs.
- Annual Legacy Society Luncheon and report on the "State of the Y" from our President and CEO.
- On-going Legacy Society coffees, gatherings, and outings for club members.
- Meeting with staff periodically to ensure your plan still reflects your needs, goals and values.
- Resting in the knowledge that your charitable wishes for the Y are known and will be carried out.
It's about inspiration and increasing impact
Many of the Legacy Society members act as ambassadors by allowing us to share with others why they decided to remember the Y in their will or other estate planning documents. Their stories, like pebbles tossed in water, have a remarkable ripple effect of inspiring others to follow their example and do the same.
The Legacy Society name is inspired by and in recognition of the year the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties was founded.
From the very first Y meeting 135 years ago in downtown Tacoma through today, the Y has been a gateway to a better life for thousands of our residents, and will continue to be so far into the next century.
The YMCA Legacy Society recognizes those key supporters who have included the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties in their estate plans. In doing so, you ensure the services of the Y will continue to meet the needs of our community for the next 135 years.
Legacy Society Gatherings
Join Us! Please find our list of annual events and on-going gatherings listed below:
- Legacy Society Coffees
- Annual Legacy Society Luncheon and State of the Y Address
Contact Carol Kowalski at 253-534-4776 or email@example.com for additional information!